Good tutorials and resources on Apache CXF How Tos are not easy to digg. I had to spend hours searching and reading to make my small application up and running, Integrating Spring with JSF was pretty straightforward, but when it comes to integrating those two with JSF i got stuck.
So this post is about exposing a web service as a web project using JSF front end / Spring backed and CXF for service invocation
before starting I should mention few valuable resource around the net.
- The CXF documentation (Hope it will be completed soon)
- Make Web Services Transparent with Spring 2.5 and Apache CXF 2.0 by Willie Wheeler
- Introduction to Web services creation using CXF and Spring by Rajeev Hathi and Naveen Balani
- Developing JAX-WS Web Service Clients – netbeans
- Sample Application using JAX-WS, JSF, Spring, and Java by Carol Mcdonal
The web service u used was the publicly available spelling checker which is used in the netbeans tutorial.
The Step by step guide as follows >>
Step 1 :
Create the classes from the WSDL you can use netbeans for this task or WSDL2JAVA command (wsdl2java [URL]) in the shell.